2019 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
Rebate: Save $1,000.00 now until 6/30/2019
Team Yamaha Blue w/Beadlock
YXZ1000R SS SE
This Shift Just Got Real
The YXZ1000R SS SE shifts the pure sport Side‑by‑Side class into overdrive with fully adjustable FOX 2.5 Podium X2 shocks, bead lock wheels, eye‑catching painted exterior and more.
- The Ultimate Pure Sport SxS: Upgraded for 2019, the YXZ1000R™ SS SE is the most focused high-performance side-by-side in the world. Changes to nearly every system on board ensure that the YXZ® brings this level of performance to every ride, no matter the terrain, from dunes to desert, tight woods and muddy trails.
- Unique Engine with Sport Shift Transmission: Just as powerful and exclusive as when Yamaha unveiled the first YXZ1000R SS SE in 2017, the 2019 YXZ1000R SS SE features a high-revving, high-output inline-triple engine mated to Yamaha's Sport Shift, a sequential 5-speed manual transmission featuring Yamaha Chip Controlled Shift (YCC-S) technology. The result is a Pure Sport driving experience unmatched by anything on the market.
- High-Spec Chassis: Big engines make headlines, but it's the chassis that does the real work. The YXZ1000R SS SE flatters its driver with one of the most agile, adjustable and capable side-by-side chassis designs ever seen in a production side-by-side.
- Driver-Focused Ergonomics: Comfort is control when driving hard, and the YXZ1000R SS SE is built around this concept. The driver and passenger are kept low in the chassis, with exceptional visibility. The cabin offers roomy high-back seats with plenty of adjustability for the driver.
- Yamaha Engineering: Not only does the YXZ1000R SS SE come standard with Yamaha's famous reputation for reliability, it's also assembled in the USA and engineered with a full range of factory accessory options, so that not only can you customize a YXZ1000R SS SE to your needs, you know it will meet and exceed your expectations for years to come.
New for 2019 Features
- New Cooling System: Big power means big heat, so for 2019, the YXZ1000R SS SE uses an all-new cooling system that not only ensures proper cooling during the toughest conditions, but is designed to ensure the cabin remains comfortable and the radiator stays clear of mud and debris.
- New Powertrain: The YXZ1000R SS SE proved its Pure Sport performance time and time again. For 2019, a range of enhancements push the envelope no matter where you drive. Drivers looking to tear up gnarly woods and trails will appreciate the lowered gearing with a tighter first gear, ideal for technical riding and sharper torque right off the bottom. And folks looking to blast through the desert will love the beefy new engine internals, which makes adding Yamaha's turbocharger kit easier than ever.
- New Wheels and Suspension: To ensure the YXZ1000R SS SE is able to make the most of its roaring three-cylinder engine, the driver needs to get traction across a range of conditions, so the 2019 YXZ1000R SS SE brings updated suspension settings to control the larger 29-inch Maxxis® Bighorn® tires for exceptional grip.
- Larger All-Wheel Disc Brakes: The YXZ1000R SS SE offers fantastic braking thanks to upgraded, larger-diameter rotors for 2019. These improved brakes increase maximum braking and boost feel for superior deceleration.
- New Styling: Goes fast, looks fast. An updated frame underpins sharper styling from nose to tail, while still ensuring class-leading driver visibility with the aggressively low hood design.
- Stunning, Industry-First Three-Cylinder Engine: Designed to bring a Pure Sport riding character like nothing else in the side-by-side world, the YXZ1000R SS SE engine was built to deliver high-revving power with the flexibility and character that only an inline triple can provide. With a compact, counterbalanced, DOHC twelve-valve cylinder head, an aggressive 11.3:1 compression ratio and dry-sump lubrication, the YXZ1000R SS SE engine offers jaw-dropping power, fantastic midrange torque and a thrilling 10,500 rpm redline. For 2019, new high strength connecting rods provide the durability Yamaha is known for—even under the demands of high-output modifications like turbocharging.
- New Cooling System: The YXZ1000R SS SE is built to blow away the competition in every terrain, from desert dunes to muddy trails. To ensure peak performance every ride, the 2019 YXZ1000R SS SE features a new rear-mounted radiator: this system not only reduces heat in the cabin, it remains clear of mud or debris build-up, and is designed to funnel cool air through the radiator at low or high speeds equally well.
- Exclusive 5-Speed Sequential Transmission: Pure Sport is not just about engine output—engaging the driver is just as important. And nothing in the side-by-side world can match the feeling of banging through the gears using the YXZ1000R SS SE's Sport Shift, a sequential 5-speed manual transmission featuring Yamaha Chip Controlled Shift (YCC-S) technology. This system combines the power, durability and efficiency of a traditional manual transmission with an advanced automatic clutch system controlled with sporty paddle shifters mounted to the steering column. Sport Shift offers a high-tech riding experience that anyone can enjoy, with rapid and precise gear selection literally at your fingertips. For 2019, the transmission also features newly optimized gearing that gives the YXZ1000R SS SE even more flexibility to handle nearly any type of trail, from wide-open desert roads to first gear crawling.
- High Flow Intake and Exhaust: Any engine needs to inhale clean air and exhale as efficiently as possible. YXZ1000R SS SE's high capacity intake system features dual air filters—one oiled foam, one viscous paper—affording maximum airflow to the engine as well as durable filtration for the dirtiest riding environments. The three-into-one high-volume exhaust system centralizes weight distribution and is tuned to provide maximum power across the rev range.
- Yamaha's Exclusive On-Command® 4WD: On-Command 4WD gives the driver ultimate traction, with easily selected 2WD, 4WD limited-slip, and 4WD full diff lock modes. The YXZ1000R SS SE drivetrain incorporates Yamaha's proven On- Command 4WD system to tackle the most challenging terrain. To deliver Yamaha's exceptional durability, this system also incorporates an over-torque protection system that eliminates spike loads to the front drive case on hard impacts, protecting it from damage without affecting performance.
- Terrain Conquering, Fully-Adjustable FOX® Shocks: Rising defiantly through the front hood and defining the rear of the vehicle, the YXZ1000R SS SE's FOX® 2.5 Podium® RC2 Shocks with huge piggyback reservoirs bring visual impact and unmatched performance. All four corners are fully adjustable—spring preload, rebound and both high- and low-speed compression damping—with a huge 16.2 inches of front travel and 17.0 inches at the rear for exceptional ride quality, tuneability, and handling.
- Pure Sports Chassis: The YXZ1000R SS SE the best handling sport side-by-side on the planet, period. The YXZ1000R SS SE attacks corners with agility, light steering feel and straight line stability across the roughest terrain. High-end spherical-joint double A-arms retain ideal castor angle and bump response throughout the entire travel range, and front and rear sway bars minimize body roll for flatter, more responsive cornering. And underneath the optimized frame geometry, full-frame composite skid plates protect against rocks and debris.
- Yamaha Electric Power Steering (EPS): The YXZ1000R SS SE features Yamaha's class-leading speed-sensitive EPS, for reduced steering effort and precise handling in virtually all conditions. The EPS unit is lightweight and compact, mounted high on the new rack-and-pinion steering system, further protecting it from dirt and debris.
- Powerful All-Wheel Disc Brakes: The YXZ1000R SS SE offers improved braking control for 2019 thanks to twin-piston calipers clamping down on large 255mm rotors at all four wheels, for excellent braking power, feel and fade-resistance under hard use. An automotive-style parking brake lever is mounted in the cabin's center console.
- New 29-inch Maxxis® Tires: New for 2019, the YXZ1000R SS SE now mounts larger 29-inch Maxxis® Bighorn® 2.0 radial tires that offer extreme performance, with increased ground clearance, optimum traction, durability, comfort and steering precision. These tires are mounted to strong yet lightweight 14-inch alloy wheels.
- Aggressive Style: Radical styling shows off Yamaha's passion for powersports. And form follows function, as the front suspension design permits an extremely low hood line for excellent trail visibility. For 2019, the YXZ1000R SS SE is sharper and sportier than ever.
- Ergonomics Built for Performance: The YXZ1000R SS SE cab features plush, high-back seats with extra lateral support and outside shoulder bolsters, and the cockpit provides a balance of driving confidence with comfort. Shaped floorboards provide generous legroom while still giving a planted feel during aggressive driving, and both the driver's seat and steering wheel are adjustable to ensure a perfect fit.
- Supersport-Style Dashboard: The YXZ1000R SS SE features instruments inspired by Yamaha's high-performance supersport motorcycles. Functions include a digital speedometer, analog tachometer and programmable shift light, with readouts for 4WD mode, gear position, fuel level, trip meters, hour meter, coolant temperature warning and a clock.
- Cooler Running Cabin: Drive hard and keep your cool. The all-new rear-mounted radiator significantly reduces cabin heat compared to a conventional forward-mounted cooling system.
- Plush Suspension: While the high-end Fox® suspension on the YXZ1000R SS SE is primarily focused at maximizing adjustment range for aggressive riding, that same range of adjustment adds flexibility, too. With a couple of quick tweaks, the YXZ1000R SS SE can be tuned to deliver a plush, smooth ride that defies the idea that sport and comfort can't coexist.
- Standard Suntop: The YXZ1000R SS SE comes standard with a composite suntop integrated into the ROPS structure. A pair of whip flag mounts are ready for customization options, too.
- Proven Reliability: Yamaha continues to build industry-leading machines lauded for their peerless reliability and durability. The YXZ1000R SS SE features fit and finish, components and construction designed to make every ride
- Assembled in the USA: The YXZ1000R SS SE is proudly assembled in Newnan, GA, for world-wide distribution and is built to be Real World Tough™.
- Aggressive LED Lighting: Four super bright and long-lasting LED headlights provide brilliant forward illumination and give the YXZ1000R SS SE a sinister sense of style, with a bright LED taillight for extra visibility.
- 300-Pound Cargo Capacity: Bring what you need thanks to a cargo rack with a 300-pound capacity. A glove box in the cab provides additional storage, as do passenger-side cup holders and a central storage tray in the dashboard.
- Ready to Accessorize: Developed alongside the updated YXZ1000R SS SE are a range of new accessories, including audio options, lighting, and high-performance turbo kits—all of which come standard with the engineering expertise of Yamaha. And for 2019, the YXZ1000R SS SE is also compatible with the new Adventure Pro™, Yamaha's exclusive trail-focus GPS system.
- Engine Type: 998cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline three-cylinder; 12 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 80.0mm x 66.2mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI); three 41mm Mikuni® throttle bodies
- Transmission: Yamaha Sport Shift, paddle shift with auto clutch; 5-speed sequential with reverse
- Final Drive: On-Command; 3-way locking differential; selectable 2WD and 4WD with diff lock; shaft drive
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone w/anti-sway bar, fully adjustable FOX® 2.5 Podium® RC2 Shocks; 16.2 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone w/anti-sway bar, fully adjustable FOX® 2.5 Podium® RC2 Shocks; 17.0 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Dual hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 29 x 9.00R-14 Maxxis® M917-8PR
- Tires / Rear: 29 x 11.00R-14 Maxxis® M918-8PR
- L x W x H: 123.9 in. x 64.0 in. x 68.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 90.6 in.
- Turning Radius: 236.0 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 13.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 9.0 gal.
- Wet Weight: 1563 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner's manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- DOHC inline three-cylinder; 12 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 80.0mm x 66.2mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI); three 41mm Mikuni® throttle bodies
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone w/anti-sway bar, fully adjustable FOX® 2.5 Podium® RC2 Shocks
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- 29 x 9.00R-14 Maxxis® M917-8PR
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double wishbone w/anti-sway bar, fully adjustable FOX® 2.5 Podium® RC2 Shocks
- Rear Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 29 x 11.00R-14 Maxxis® M918-8PR
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1563 lb.
- 90.6 in.
- Front Travel
- 16.2 in.
- Rear Travel
- 17.0 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.0 gal.
- Yamaha Sport Shift, paddle shift with auto clutch; 5-speed sequential with reverse
- Drive System
- On-Command; 3-way locking differential; selectable 2WD and 4WD with diff lock; shaft drive
- Team Yamaha Blue w/Beadlock Wheels
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)